The world is progressing, and the introduction of Artificial Intelligence is also having an impact on the future personal Transportation. Well, you might likely be spending quite less time behind the wheels, but the rise of Self Driving cars might surely curve it’s way out with science fiction flicks! Cars of today include many autonomous features and vehicles which are being operated even without human control. Now, a completely driverless car would just be the one with more reality. Google says that by 2020, the world will meet a new version of Self Driving cars which would roar the streets.
How Do Self Driving Cars Work?
There are a lot of self-driving technologies which are currently being developed by Google, Nissan, Uber as well as other major automakers which are making big contributions for the Self Driving Cars! While most of the designs might vary, the internal map of the surroundings is likely to be maintained. The Self Driving Cars would completely be based on the wide array of sensors like radar. According to Uber, almost 64 laser beams have been used along with four other sensors to construct the internal map. However, Google has innovated this technology to the next level which has included several stages, lasers as well as sonar and radars. The whole Self Driving Car is expected to run through software which would be controlling the car!
Impacts of Self Driving Cars
The introduction of the Self Driving Cars in the market would bring out a huge impact by 2020! However, there are a few concerns which have been kept in mind as a source of technology!
Safety: The issue of safety is indeed an overreaching concern. There are many thousands of people who die alone in the US for driving on every year. It is always a safe idea to get you secured with tampa personal injury attorney. With a personal injury attorney, you can always get the best settlement for the injury claims from the insurance companies. However, the Self Driving Cars would be run by software which means that it would be less error prone than human!
Equity: Equity is one of the most important considerations of the concept of Self Driving Cars. With the help of such a technology, most of the people would also be able to travel alone even if they do not have the knowledge of driving. Even people who are elderly or even disabled would be benefited a lot with the help of the driverless cars. The widespread adoption of autonomous vehicles could also displace the millions of Americans who are employed as drivers and even perpetuate the current transportation system’s injustices.
Environmental: The environmental impacts of Self Driving Cars are still a serious concern and a major uncertainty. It is thought that by the year of 2020 when the Self Driving Cars would be launched, they would be run by gasoline. However, if the number of such cars increases every year, the environmental problems could. However, if the fuel is changed to solar power or even the car is electrified, the environmental concerns could easily drop!
Pros & Cons of Self Driving Cars
Pros of Self Driving Cars
- In a comparison to the myriad of bad behavior, a driver might exhibit behind the wheel; the computer might just be an ideal one to drive. Infact, there are almost 81% Human errors while driving a car. This can be reduced a lot.
- The Computers might operate with complicated algorithms in order to determine the appropriate stopping distance or even to keep a distance from another vehicle. This data is analyzed very critically and would reduce the chances of meeting with accidents.
- There are absolutely no chances for a computer to get distracted. Even if someone points at you or even shouts at you while driving, the best benefits of Self Driving Cars are that they never would get distracted.
- The U.S Department of Transport analyzes that value of every human life is about $1.2 million. Thus it can be easily said that the advent of the Self Driving Cars would be highly increasing in significant cost savings in many different costs such as health care costs or even insurance costs.
- Disabled individuals who have to rely on other persons in order to travel from one place to the other would now have a sigh of relief with the Self Driving Cars. They would require no help from any other persons in order to reach out to a destination.
Cons of Self Driving Cars
- Just how to operate a self driving car or even to maintain the safety measures would also require an education. While the computer takes over the driver’s part, the person sitting would still be required to maintain some knowledge about how to operate the car safely.
- At the time of introduction of the Pros & Cons of Self Driving Cars, the cost could be widely increasing to a new level. The cost of implementing this technology could easily be way out of reach for most of the Americans. Infact, the number of sensors, radars or even software added to the car could increase the value upto $1 million more!
- The option of security would be one of the most concerns of the people. Especially, with the advent of the latest technology would be seeming to be interesting for the hackers. According to the Guardian, the hackers would find their key interest in controlling the self-driving cars and make it a better result!
- Even though it would be a great advent of technology as well as innovation, there would be an abrupt change in the transportation sector. It might also wipe out many jobs from the transportation sector. Advents such as freight transportation or even taxi schedules, people might lose their jobs. This would also have a negative impact on the economic growth and also the unemployment rate!
- The reliance on the technology would just be meaning that the Self Driving Cars would make the people out of practice. Most of the people might get out of touch with practice and would also get everyone in danger. The most important thing is that people might even forget to control the car while they are out of practice.
The science of Self Driving Cars is ready to bring up a new change of technology and living. We all are hoping for the best to see it!