James Gosling, a Canadian computer scientist born in the year 1955 in the City Alberta, Canada. He was associated with Sun Microsystems from 1984 to 2010, but was hired by Google in 2011.
James Gosling is popularly known as the â€œFather of the Java Programming Languageâ€. Since he was hired by Google, he joined the Liquid Robotics, a startup and even he was named as an â€œAdvisor at the Scala Company typesafeâ€.
In 2002, he was awarded with â€œThe Economist Innovation Awardâ€ and was made an â€œOfficer of the Order of Canadaâ€ in 2007.
- The Java Programming Language, Fourth Edition (2005)
- The Java Language Specification, Third Edition (2005)
- The Real-Time Specification for Java (2000)
- The Java Application Programming Interface (1996)
- The Java language Environment: A white paper (1996)
- The NeWS Book : An Introduction to the Network/Extensible Window System (1989)
Honors and awards
- Made an Officer of the Order of Canada (2007)
- Awarded The Economist Innovation Award (2002)