As we all know when we open our Google account, it automatically syncs all the contacts present in the account to your android device. The similar thing happens with the picasa photos. The picasa album photos of the particular contact present in your Google account gets synced on your device and are visible on your android device under gallery section. As a result, those synced images will be visible whenever you open your gallery images from your device. So this in turn also occupies your devices extra space and even increase the number of images in your gallery which cause difficulty in searching your own images and uploading of your selfies or personal photos.
Clean-up your Gallery App by disabling Google Photo Sync
There are measures by which you can get rid of Picasa album images synced from your Google account to your device and even prevent from further synchronization. So, to prevent this, follow the following steps given below.
- First go to the deviceâ€™s system setting.
- Select the associated Google account to your device.
- Now the screen showing all the options check marked in that account will appear in front of you. Check whether the option sync picasa images, or sync Google images are check marked or not. If the option is marked then remove the check mark from the sync picasa web albums, sync Google images.
- After the completion of the above step, it will stop the syncing of photos from your Google account to your deviceâ€™s gallery album.
- You may be thinking that the work is completed here, but when you will open your gallery album you will still find those synced photos in your deviceâ€™s gallery album. This is because there is still a bit of work left to do and that the process is not finished yet.
- Now what you have to do is, go to settings then select application manager and from there select gallery.
- After this, a page appears in front of you showing â€œclear dataâ€ option.
- As soon as you tap that option, it will display â€œall of these data applications will be removed permanently from your device which will include all the files, settings, accounts, database, and much more.
- So as soon as you finish this step by clicking on the OK button all your synced picasa albums will be deleted from your deviceâ€™s gallery album.
- Now refresh your device gallery by restarting your device.
- Later on the restart, open the gallery and the thumbnail will be rebuilt for your gallery if you have lots of images and pictures stored on your device and it will show to you.