One of the useful way for best Search Engine optimization for your blog is making all external links nofollow. NoFollow tag helps your blog to have a stable ranking in search engines. Actually, Search Engine robots come on your blog and they visit all links placed in your blog post. Its an intelligent to keep those robots on your blog and let them index only your blog posts. By using nofollow, your link juice is not shared with others which cause a stable Google pagerank. There are many other benefits of nofollow tag;
Benefits of NoFollow tag
- You share only human traffic through the link and does not share Search Engine traffic
- Google and other search engines algorithms have become better today, they might find it suspicious that a website has only “dofollow” backlinks. So, having external nofollow tags will let search engines fall in love with your blog.
- Backlinking to some illegal websites (torrent, warez etc) may cause your blog SERPs. Having them nofollow wouldn’t let search engines let impact your rank in search results.
- It will improve your SEO as its all about SEO.
- Google Also suggests nofollow tags if you have paid links. So, its better to follow Google’s suggestion.
- and so on…
How to Make nofollow tags Manually
<a href=”http://www.example.com/” rel=”nofollow”>
How to Make All External Links nofollow Automatically
Its really time consuming thing to make all external links nofollow. Dont worry, here is a simple script to make all external links nofollow automatically, it only takes few minutes;
- Go to Dashboard > Design > Edit HTML
- Search for </body> (tip: press CTRL and F at once and copy paste this code)
- Copy-Paste below given code Just Before searched code.
- Â Â Â Save Your Template, that’s it !