When Apple came up with a brand new interface for iOS 7 they received mostly mixed reaction. Some users were happy with the changes and some were disappointed. Even the critics were divided in their views as well. Therefore, this time Apple wanted to make sure that it makes it to the good book of everybody and that is the reason it has focused mainly on the operating system and its functional aspect. In order to get a feedback the iOS 8 betaâ€™s test version has been made available for the users as well. It is a good way of getting feedback right from the horseâ€™s mouth. It will try and fix the issues that will surface during the usage and that definitely will make the users complain about it. This way Apple will be able to fix the glitches and make it acceptable and easy to use for their users.
Related : iOS 8 features stolen from Android
Many new features included
ON June 2 the market witnessed the launch of the beta version of iOS 8. It was released at WWDC with loads of new features that will make the users fall in love with the device from the word go. The new features that are part of this device are â€“
- Brand new keyboard where you can swipe to type in your message
- Notification system has been overhauled making its presence felt in the lock screen as well as the notification center as usual
- Texting messages have been made easy by making the process faster and even better
- Now make calls using the Wi-Fi connection and this definitely will bring down your call charges
Now, after going through all these new features and brand new user interface you must feel like using it all at once. Yes, you will be able to make use of all the features by accessing the test version of iOS beta 8. The twist in the story and also the best thing is that you can return to your old iOS 7 whenever you want without any hiccups. There is no fear of losing out on anything. Therefore you can simply hop on to iOS 8 and experience the journey once.
Procedure to download iOS 8 beta
If you wish to install the beta version of iOS 8 then here you will get just that. Just follow the instructions and you will be able to use the iOS 8 version of your Apple device. It doesnâ€™t always happen this way that the test version of any operating system has been made public and users have participated in making it a success. But Apple thought of this new way which is said to empower the users because after all they will be using the device therefore their views are very important. If there are any hitches out there, then it can be fixed even before the official launch. This makes sure that you will get all improved and corrected format of the version during the launch. Follow the steps mentioned below to upgrade to the test version of iOS 8.
- In order to get started with the process, you need to first download the software. Apple has made it available everywhere, so you can visit any site you want and get it downloaded it from there. Make sure to choose the easiest one so that you donâ€™t waste your time and energy in the first step only. You can therefore use the Direct Link from the device and you will be assisted in getting it downloaded.
- Now you have to make sure you are connecting your device in the DFU mode. The DFU mode is made available on every Apple device so all its users can make use of it easily.
- Turn on the device and plug it into your Personal Computer and make sure you have the iTunes up and running otherwise the process cannot be completed
- Now, after making sure that you have followed the above mentioned step religiously you need to hold both power button and home button simultaneously and wait for the screen to go completely black
- Count till 4 that is waiting up to 4 seconds and then you release only the power button, but remember you have to hold on to the home button all this while till the time iTunes is recognized by the device
- Now when iTunes have detected the device you have to hold the Shift key and then click on Restore. iTunes will provide you the option of restoring, you have to select he file that you have downloaded earlier.
Once you complete this process iTunes will start installing the iOS 8 on your Apple devices including iPod, iPad or your iPhone.
It is as simple as 1-2-3. You just need to enter the DFU mode and click on Restore. It will provide you with the agreement, just accept it and it will roll out the procedure of reverting back your iOS 8 to iOS 7 again. In iOS 8 Apple has tried to bring in perfection to the functions that are there already from the previous version.
Also see : How can you fix iPad sync issues