There are many errors and bugs on Android that most of the users may come across while using their Android devices on a daily basis. Most of these bugs and errors are minor and only affects your device for time being as they may only appear rarely. Some other bugs and errors can be fixed by rebooting your Android device, or closing the application that may be causing the error.
However, there are certain errors which cannot be resolved easily and the error message does not provide enough information to actually resolve those errors in the first sight. One such error is the “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” error on Android which many of the Android users out there have been facing in recent times.
If you are one among those users and if you are unable to resolve the issue so far, then we are here with a sure shot method to fix the “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” error on Android.
How to fix the “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” error on Android?
Below is the fix that we found out which will help you to fix “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” on almost any Android devices out there:
- First of all, before proceeding with the fix for the above listed issue, please make sure that you have closed all the applications that are running in the background of your Android device.
- Now navigate to the Settings application of your Android device.
- Under Settings, click on the Applications option.
- From Applications, swipe left to the “All” tab to see all the system and third party applications that are installed on your Android device.
- From the list of installed Android applications on your device, find the “Contact Storage” application and click on it.
- Once the “Contact Storage” application opens, click on the “Force Close” button and then click on the “Clear Data” button.
- Now click on the “Disable” option.
- Come out of Settings, and then reboot your Android device.
This should have helped you solve the “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” issue that you have been facing on your Android device. If it didn’t, below is an alternative method to fix the “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” issue:
- From the Settings app on your Android device, navigate to the “Call Settings” option and click on it.
- Then click on the “Reject with Messages” option and then delete the messages listed there.
- If that does not help as well, then go to Settings and then click on “Applications”.
- From Applications, click on the “Manage Applications” option.
- Then switch to the “All” menu.
- Now find the “Phone” application and then click on it.
- Click on the “Clear Cache” option.
- And then restart your Android device.
The above mentioned methods are the most helpful solution to fix the “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” issue that you are facing on your Android device. In case you were able to fix the issue with any other method, then please do leave them as a comment below so that other readers can also find a solution to the issue.